The third episode of the College Football Zealots podcast is in the books! We were joined on the show by West Virginia beat writer Mike Casazza. Mike writes for the Charleston Daily mail and more recently is the author of Waiting for the Fall, a book about West Virginia football focusing on the last decade under Rich Rodriguez, Bill Stewart and Dana Holgersen.
Here's a re-cap on what we talked about and make sure you scroll to the bottom to listen to the thirty minute podcast (I have submitted the podcast to itunes so soon you should be able to get a subscription to the podcast and have the ability to download them if you choose). You can also download the show by clicking here.
- How Mike got his start and ended up as a WVU beat writer.
- Rich Rodriguez and ultimately why it didn't work out for him at WVU.
- We talk about the Sugar Bowl victory for WVU over Georgia and what it meant for WVU.
- We talk about Bill Stewart and his lasting impressions of that era of WVU football.
- The hype surrounding WVU this year
- Dana Holgersen's familiarity with the Big 12 and their familiarity with him.
- Holgersen has relied on RBs in his offense in the past, we talk about the current crop of RBs at WVU
- Transition of the defense to a new coaching staff
- college football re-alignment and the loss of rivalries for WVU as they enter the Big 12
- what city will Mike miss most in the Big East and what is he most looking forward to visiting in the Big 12